Where I shop for SVG Files:

The BEST SVG files on the web can be found at:



Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!

Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!
Click on Jennifer's picture to visit her fundraising page!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Train

I mentioned a week or so ago about making my grandson a birthday train for his party - well, I made it last Thursday night after work so that my husband could deliver it on Friday when he went north to visit his family.  I didn't take any pictures as it was after midnight when I finished it.

I decided I also wanted to make him a train themed card.  I played around with a few different files and ended up going back to the Santa's Train svg kit from svgcuts.com.  I made some modifications to the file to create a tri-fold card.  I also changed the wheels so that they were just circular instead of the peppermint candy shapes.  I did profile cuts of kids for the window inserts - I even included a profile of my granddaughter with her pigtails.  And, of course, Daniel is the engineer in his cap!  As this card is for a 2 year old, I used only one 3D embellishment - a button.  I also created the Happy Birthday cut to fit on the engine. The one thing you can't see very well in this picture is how dimensional it is - all of the wheels are raised, some of the trim pieces, and all of the train components themselves are raised from the background - lots of Zots and foam strips used on this.

Not sure yet if I will do any type of greeting or just sign the back and call it good.

What do you think? 



This card is just another example of how versatile the kits from svgcuts are. You can click on the Santa's Train image below to get your own kit from svgcuts.com:



Before I go, just want to let everyone know that there is a family medical situation that could result in my absence for a while - I will try to post and let everyone know but if you don't see or hear from me, please keep my family in your prayers. 




2 comments:

~* Jenn *~ said...

This is adorable Mom, you are so talented!

Anonymous said...

oh wow such a great card. I love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and especially for taking a moment to share your thoughts.