The couple of months leading up to Christmas found my life in absolute chaos - I struggled to get anything done this holiday season. I have been really working hard to turn things around in the past week. I'm not making any resolutions because that is just like dooming myself to failure. Instead, I have decided that I am going to try to participate in a few blog challenges to help keep me on track. I am going to start with just 2 - one organizational and one creative. And, sharing my progress with all of you will hopefully provide the motivation to stay on track!
As I embark on my new year/new outlook, I realize that there are some people that I need to thank. These are people whose friendship and/or blogs have motivated and inspired me - some for a long time and some just recently. I'd like to recognize them here:
1. Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly - I've known Celeste for almost 2 years now and have watched in awe as she has undertaken so many challenges and community service type projects. Your journals for cancer patients and OWH cards are wonderful endeavors! Celeste, you are such a thoughtful, kind person and I'm proud to call you my friend.
2. Jeanne at Creative Chaos - Jeanne has been a supportive friend for many years (We even served on a design team together - way back when!) Jeanne is an awesome card maker and scrapbooker and I love to see her new creations - they motivate me to try new things! Thanks Jeanne for continuing to challenge me to step outside of my comfort zone.
3. Dawn at Lost in Paper Scraps - Met Dawn (and Jeanne too) on the first Yahoo group I ever joined. Dawn you seem to always find the bright spot in life and your optimism and sense of humor cheer me up when I am down. Thanks so much for sharing your light with others!
4. Karel at One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity - Karel is a very special person who inspires me with her energy and zest for life. I don't know how you do all you do but you have made me realize that I don't make the best use of the time and resources God has provided. Thanks for opening my eyes.
5. Melanie at Scrappily Ever After - The Organizational Boot Camp is a great way to start the new year and it has motivated me to really dig deep and organize - not just stash it away to make it look good. Thanks for the challenge - I can't wait to see what is next!
6. Stef and Lauren at jingle belles - I think your Christmas Card Challenge is one of the best I've seen. The concept and pace of the challenge is perfect - anyone can find a few minutes a week to create a card. I struggle with getting things like this done so I am very excited to embark on this year-long journey with you! I want to thank you for providing much needed motivation and I look forward to the next challenge!
I encourage each of you to pass this along to at least one person who has inspired or motivated you!