Where I shop for SVG Files:

The BEST SVG files on the web can be found at:



Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!

Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!
Click on Jennifer's picture to visit her fundraising page!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And I thought my Craft Room was a Mess......

......it was nothing compared to my Computer!!!! I have spent the last 3 hours working on cleaning up and reorganizing my files.....and I haven't even begun to touch the thousands of digital pictures I have. I've basically dumped all of those into one folder and will work on them another time.

What prompted this? Well, when the PC starts slowing down, you know its time to take action. MY PC isn't the latest, fastest edition but it is just over a year old and has LOTS of memory so it shouldn't be bogging down the way it is. In perusing my hard drive, I noticed that I had 2 & 3 copies of some files --- PLUS .zip files for the same items. No wonder I'm having problems.

As soon as the last of my photo files are copied into the one folder, I will be doing a backup of my hard drive onto my Passport portable HD followed by a defrag of the PC hard drive. Hopefully these steps will speed things back up!

I could use any tips/hints any of you have for keeping your computer files organized - I obviously need some help in this department!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're doing this..all sorts of nasties can hide in those forgotten files--I had a major crash because of them! You stopped by One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity, and I promised a stop back with another way to win in my 500 Followers Celebration. Just go to my blog at http://karelj.blogspot.com and become a Networked Blog Follower. (If you are already one, leave me a comment saying so). That way, you'll be counted twice for an entry into my surprise give-away! Thanks for Following The Flamingos!

scrapping my heart out said...

This is a big deal for me. I know of the different freeware available to aid with this issue, and yet I am still very disorganized.... :( I suggest visipics, duplicate file finder, and unzip themall. All are free, and from what I've seen, no malware associated with them. I'm sure there are others just as good, if not better, but these are some that I've found to love. Good luck! (hopefully you're finished by now)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and especially for taking a moment to share your thoughts.