Where I shop for SVG Files:

The BEST SVG files on the web can be found at:



Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!

Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!
Click on Jennifer's picture to visit her fundraising page!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Where does time go?

Hard to believe it's been over 2 months since I have done any blogging! My computer has been acting up majorly and have had some life events that have kept me busy.

Other than a little sewing, I haven't even done any crafts in the past 2 months. Part of that is that I had been waiting for my new cutter to arrive - which it did last week. Today is the first day I've really had a chance to play with it and it is going to take some time to figure it all out. I envy the people who can just start out with a new machine and instinctively get it right. That has not been the case for me.

That being said, my new Lynx is an amazing machine. When I get it right, it cuts beautifully. When I was debating the purchase, the biggest problem anyone ever mentioned was "operator error" and that is proving to be the absolute truth!

I know that I shared before about my daughter's weight loss journey and her entry into the world of running. She has continued - she is at approximately 116 lbs lost now and has run several 5K events and one 10K so far. She has several more 5K runs on her schedule as well as the Warrior Dash, a half marathon in Ft Wayne and a destination run - the St. Louis Rock N Roll Half Marathon. If anyone would like to follow her journey, Jennifer has recently started blogging. She started out just blogging about her running, but has had several requests for information on how she has made the transition so she is going to start adding some of her tips and some of her favorite low-cal recipes.

Here's her before and after pics:



If you'd like to read her story, her blog is Running for My Life. I know she'd love some new readers!

Well, let me get back to my battle with my Lynx and see if I can win the next round!

2 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

congrats on the lynx and to your daughter. She looks great.

Lora said...

TennLady - thanks for checking out Jenn's blog. I've been lucky to sample a few of her low-cal recipes and they are very good. I know she is planning to post some of them when she has time.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and especially for taking a moment to share your thoughts.