I have been meaning to work on this for a couple of weeks - found this blog with directions for making a kindle cover while I was waiting for my Kindle to be delivered but I just kept putting off getting to it. (I didn't want a bulky leather cover - I just wanted something to protect it when I put it in my purse to take to work. I had actually thought of just making a pouch, but I liked the easel feature of this cover.)
I'm happy to say that it works out quite well - "sliding" the fabric onto the chipboard is much easier said than done because if you are precise with your measurements, it will be a VERY tight fit. I solved the problem by taping the edges of the chipboard with scotch tape so that the fabric would slide easier. If I make another, I will make a modification and add either an elastic band or a narrow strip of fabric with velcro on one side to hold the top edge of the kindle in place. It works well as is but I would feel better if the kindle were secured a little bit more.
And, would you believe, I set the files up in SCAL so this can be precision cut with the E! Visit the blog link above to get the directions to make yours! It's easy enough to cut by hand, but if anyone would like the cut file, just let me know.
Have a great day!