Where I shop for SVG Files:

The BEST SVG files on the web can be found at:



Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!

Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!
Click on Jennifer's picture to visit her fundraising page!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little sewing project

I have been meaning to work on this for a couple of weeks - found this blog with directions for making a kindle cover while I was waiting for my Kindle to be delivered but I just kept putting off getting to it. (I didn't want a bulky leather cover - I just wanted something to protect it when I put it in my purse to take to work. I had actually thought of just making a pouch, but I liked the easel feature of this cover.)





I'm happy to say that it works out quite well - "sliding" the fabric onto the chipboard is much easier said than done because if you are precise with your measurements, it will be a VERY tight fit. I solved the problem by taping the edges of the chipboard with scotch tape so that the fabric would slide easier. If I make another, I will make a modification and add either an elastic band or a narrow strip of fabric with velcro on one side to hold the top edge of the kindle in place. It works well as is but I would feel better if the kindle were secured a little bit more.

And, would you believe, I set the files up in SCAL so this can be precision cut with the E! Visit the blog link above to get the directions to make yours! It's easy enough to cut by hand, but if anyone would like the cut file, just let me know.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

bcriminger said...

What website is the design from?

Lora said...

click on the bold word "blog" at the top of the post - I embed the links so they are just part of the text.

Dawn said...

AWESOMENESS! I love this. I want to get one of these for my momil (mom in law) for her birthday or Christmas. Now I can put a handmade touch on it too :)

Bee's hive said...

I love this..but I'm pretty bitter...you SEW TOO?! I wish I could sew, good thing I wasn't born before the invention of fabric glue,I and my family would've been naked.
I've always loved "handling" my books so it would be hard for me to replace them, but I can see the benefit of the kindle in many situations.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and especially for taking a moment to share your thoughts.