Where I shop for SVG Files:

The BEST SVG files on the web can be found at:



Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!

Support Jennifer's Fundraising Efforts for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital!
Click on Jennifer's picture to visit her fundraising page!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Alert! Blog Detour Ahead

Hi everyone!

I know, I've not been consistent with blogging and I've finally come to a realization.  I have let my health and weight issues get too far out of control and it is affecting all parts of my life.  I have no energy, no motivation, just want to sit on my bottom when I am not at work.

I know, I've been out of shape for years but a couple of weeks ago, my daughter and I walked the Cotton Row 5K here in Huntsville, and I came in nearly last and it seriously felt like I was dying.  Apparently, this was the brickwall I had to hit to drive home how urgent it was to make some life changes.

So, that being said, this past Saturday, I embarked on a new way of eating and am trying to add in at least 30 minutes of exercise a minimum of 3 times a week.  I'm not doing any special diet - I've done weight watchers and low carb plans in the past.  This time, I'm just tracking every morsel I put into my mouth and trying to make healthier choices.

Since Saturday, I am down 6.4 pounds.  I have  A LONG way to go - but I will take it one pound at a time.

So, going forward, this blog will have a lot of weight loss related posts - maybe some of the recipes and information will help someone else out.  And, as I make progress, hopefully I will start papercrafting again and have things to share on that front.

The first thing I want to share is the website/app that I am using.  I had purchased a similar software years ago but it could only be used on one computer and I just kind of let it go.  Now I am using My Fitness Pal - I use the website on my computer and the app on my cell phone.  I love the convenience of being able to track while on the go - and with the cell phone app, you can even scan bar codes to enter your foods!  Check it out here: My Fitness Pal

That's it for tonight - will have more tomorrow!  Thanks for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and especially for taking a moment to share your thoughts.